Monday, May 30, 2011

Blog 9A



            I thought that there were a couple things that we did not get across well in the presentation. This game seemed to get away from us as we were trying to figure out what exactly it would entail. One of the things that I think we did not get across very well were the OBJECTIVES. I think that they were difficult to get across because the game did sort of run away from us. But what we meant was that the player could choose how to get their materials. They could go along with the natives and get limited amounts of food and materials given to them or they could go out and defy what the natives want and get unlimited amounts off supplies but they would have to find them around the island.  One thing that I think we got across well was the MECHANICS. I think this is because mechanics of games are usually straightforward and are easiest to explain. There are not any ways explain health bar any more clearer.
            One thing I wish we did though was make a couple of freeze frames. I am a very visual person and I find it difficult to be able to sufficiently understand a concept with out some sort of visual. I think by doing this, we could have cleared up much of the confusion our audience was experiencing along with creating a more enjoyable presentation and presenting a more complete idea.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with your post on our presentation. I thought we did a good job overall, but I do think it just needed a bit more clarity to drive the point home. If we had more time and if it was a requirement to have made some concept designs, I think the end result would have been a good bit better. For the time given and the limitations of the group members to meet, I thought it turned out fine.

    ReplyDelete