Friday, June 3, 2011

Blog 8B


The first super hero and villain would like to compare are the super people that Katie Mack created. While watching I noticed that there was a lot of emphasis on SATURATION and MOOD. Saturation was demonstrated well by both characters. First the super hero, Sonica, was dressed in extremely bright colors and her powers were represented in very bright colors. There were points I had to turn the brightness on my computer down because the colors started hurting my eyes. But Sonica was wearing pure yellow and shouted out bright blue sonic waves. Psycho was almost the exact opposite of Sonica. You could also see the mood of the characters quite clearly though the way they moved. Sonica used flying as her main transportation, and while Psycho was grounded, one could sense his power though the intense purple psychic flames that emanated from his body.

The second super hero I would like to discuss are the ones that Morgan Messenheimer created. I can’t remember their names but I do remember what they represented. The first I would like to point out is the Villain. I think that he demonstrated a bad guy quite well. Even in the picture that they created for them had SHADOWS in the background as well as scattered around the English lord, which was directly paralleled by the Irish boy that he frequently fought against. The second thing that I noticed was HUE. The Villian was cloaked in blacks and blues, which I think gave him a more mysterious feel and made him look more cunning than brute like. This was also paralleled by the hero by using reds and yellow to explain his goodness. Though red is often used as more of an evil color, when pared with the right complementary, the person in question tends to look more confident and powerful, then evil.

The Third villain/hero combo I am going to critique are Lauren Worthington’s. I would like to discuss WEIGHT and BRIGHTNESS for her two super people. I chose weight because I thought that her villain was an almost perfect example on how a person’s stance can give the same person more weight than they actually have. As you can see for his picture, the villain is crouching close to the ground with his arms out and his hands pointing down towards the ground. This pose creates weight in the character, not only giving off the impression of physical weight, but also the fact that he is a powerful opponent and is not likely to be pushed around. This is directly contrasted with the hero, the nurse, who looks to be light on her feet and though she does not create much visual weight, she does give off the impression of cunning and being light on her feet. Brightness can be used for both of them as well. The hero is incased in bright pink, automatically making the viewer think that she is the good guy or at least a better person than the villain, who is dressed in dark reds and blacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment